Saturday, October 20, 2012

161. Dock of the Bay. More time wasted.




Album: The Dock of the Bay
Artist: Otis Redding
Genre: Soul
Year: 1968

Tracks

1. (Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay
2. I Love You More Than Words Can Say
3. Let Me Come on Home
4. Open the Door
5. Don't Mess with Cupid
6. The Glory of Love
7. I'm Coming Home to See About You
8. Tramp
9. The Hucklebuck
10. Nobody Knows You When You're Down and Out
11. Ole Man Trouble


I wasted my time but there's not reason to waste yours so I'll make this brief and put another post up straight away. In about a dozen album's time we'll listen to Dreams to Remember an anthology of Otis Redding which contains the entire of Dock of the Bay except for four songs which didn't make the grade. The only reason to listen to this album over the far superior Dreams is to hear those four songs. The only thing I have to say about them is that they're not worth putting on an Otis Redding hits anthology.

I could write lots about how pointless this list can be when it replicates itself rather than make room for other music but I've said it lots of times before and no doubt I'll be saying it again before I finish the list.

Highlight: The tracks on Dreams to Remember
Lowlight: The other four tracks

Influenced by: Soul
Influenced: Rod Stewart

Favourite Amazon Customer Review Quote: This album had a mongrel begining. It has a thoroughbred history.

-Oooh good quote. Well done

So did you waste your time on this or not? Let me know below.

No comments:

Post a Comment