Friday, May 3, 2013

A 500 Horizons Announcement

After 4 years and 400 albums I've finally reached the top 100. Having heard the also rans, near things and bubbling unders, I've finally come to the century of albums that Rolling Stone Magazine have decided are the best recorded by anyone anywhere; a 99 step journey to the album they've decreed is better than anything else ever put down by a musician on planet earth.

At my current rate of two albums a week I could whip through this final 20% in a year but I've decided to give the last fifth of the countdown a bit more time. From here on the reviews will be a bit longer, more detailed and contain a slight format change. These are the biggest releases of all time and deserve more attention than the ones who went before.

Consequently reviews of the top 100 from now on will be posted once a week on the weekend instead of "randomly twice a week" which has been the pattern so far. 

For those of you who have been faithfully following this blog since its launch back in 2009: I can't thank you enough. Your comments have kept me going on this project for the last 4 years despite a change of job and the birth of my two children. It's been fun and I hope you enjoy the next two years as we head towards the number 1 position. 

-David.

4 comments:

  1. David I cannot wait for the next 100 albums. I think I have them all and will listen to them as you do and see if we come up with the same conclusions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to it. Thanks for being on board and for the continued support.

      Delete
  2. David,

    Just got back from overseas and have managed to catch up with the Blog again. I am looking forward to the rarefied air of the top 100, and, of course, your reviews. Along with John, I have a fair few of them and will listen along with interest. Keep up the fantastic job!!!

    Cheers,

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks glad you're enjoying it (and welcome back to the country).

      Delete